Joom!Fish config error: Default language is inactive!
Please check configuration, try to use first active language
Post Graduate Degree
At NTUU KPI post-graduates are part of a strong and international post-graduate community. Being accepted for a post-graduate course at NTUU KPI is an evidence of previous academic excellence, and future potential. We seek applications from excellent students with all kinds of backgrounds.
See more at: Postgraduate studies
The following list of phrases and their definitions might help you understand the mysterious language of science. These special phrases are also applicable to anyone working on a Ph.D. dissertation or academic paper!
- "It has long been known"... I didn't look up the original reference.
- "A definite trend is evident"... These data are practically meaningless.
- "While it has not been possible to provide definite answers to the questions"... An unsuccessful experiment, but I still hope to get it published.
- "Three of the samples were chosen for detailed study"... The other results didn't make any sense.
- "Typical results are shown"... This is the prettiest graph.
- "These results will be in a subsequent report"... I might get around to this sometime, if pushed/funded.
- "In my experience"... once.
- "In case after case"... twice.
- "In a series of cases"... thrice.
- "It is believed that"... I think.
- "It is generally believed that"... A couple of others think so, too.
- "It is clear that much additional work will be required before a complete understanding of this phenomenon occurs"... I don’t understand it.
- "After additional study by my colleagues"... They don't understand it either.
- "Thanks are due to John for assistance with the experiment and to Mike for valuable discussions"... John did the work and Mike explained to me what it meant.
- "A highly significant area for exploratory study"... A totally useless topic selected by committee.